Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woman at the Well

I almost always have a little notebook, journal, or pad with me in case I need to write something down. It could be a thought that needs to be recorded before I forget it, or it could be something I hear or read that I need to jot down. I've even been known to scribble things on receipts and checkbook covers when browsing through Barnes & Noble. When I look back over notes that I've recorded in church meetings, I'm amazed at their truth...and a little disconcerted that I might have lost them forever had I not taken the time to write them.

That said, I discovered these thoughts in an old notebook this morning: "Remember the woman at the well story. Christ did three things: He defended her, he loved and cared for her, and he gently instructed her. We need to show more love and appreciation for those we love and to live the higher law. Wouldn’t it be great if we knew that everyone in the ward was going to defend us and that they all loved us?"

I don't know who gave that talk, but whoever it was, thank you for the reminder.

2 comments:

Putz said...

the bane of a creative mind...not having the with to writwe on or with when the inspiration come...i lose my thought beffore the comment section comes on from the blog i am supposed to comment on....now let see what was your posts on eve's sisters eve's brothers?????

Jayne said...

Putz, I'm just trying to make up for the fact that the sisters aren't mentioned nearly as often as the brothers.